Saturday, September 1, 2007

Mixtape- September 2007 "Enternal Summer"

I have a name for the mix this time, how neat right? This mixtape mre or less focuses on a more relaxed sound using Indie and Electronic bands. The total running time of the two sides together is a little under an hour, mainly because I finally found hour long cassette tapes (thank you wallgreens). The title "Enternal Summer" comes from the feeling that this tape is great to just go for a nice bike ride, lay around by the pool, on the beach, or by a lake (all depending on where you live)and just relax. Because sure so many people believe that summer is when you are constantly going out, partying, staying out late, etc mainly because thats just the way that people are. For me though summer is most importantly time to relax, its a few month where I don't have to worry about school and getting homework done, when I can go out and ride my bike around or just try to relax on the crowded California beaches. Links have once again been included as both single track downloads and with the separate tracks for each side, though I personally recommend trying out the single track versions.




Side A
Animal Collective "Prospect Hummer"
My First Trumpet "Autonarkose"
The Elected "Fireflies In A Steel Mill"
Minus The Bear "Hooray (Dark Baby Remix)"
Stars "Personal"
The Berg Sans Nipple "Mystic Song"
Alaska In Winter "Rain on Every Weekend"

Side B
Beirut "The Gulag Orkestar"
Tunng "Bullets"
Modest Mouse "Little Motel"
Ratatat "Wildcat"
The Octopus Project "Malaria Codes"
Lcd Soundsystem "Great Release"


Side A (as a single track)

Side A (as individual songs)
Side B (as a single track)
Side B (as individual songs)




----
I know that both Stars, Modest Mouse, and Lcd Soundsystem were on the last one. While the Stars track on the last one was a remix, I really have no excuse for the other two, except that they worked well for the mix. It will probably be the last time I use them on mixes for a while... well see if I hold to my word.

Also as soon as I get this roll of film developed there will be the first post of my photo work. Neat right?


Photo Credits: Ruben

No comments: